Testing of ERW tube & pipe welds
Over the years the welded tube industry has come to rely on InspecTech® ultrasonic testing systems to verify weld quality and integrity both on the tube mill and on the finishing floor. Ultrasonic testing of welded tube is a universally recognized method, offering equal sensitivity to both inside and outside defects regardless of material thickness. Codes of practice such as ISO, API and CSA all cite ultrasonic testing of welds as an acceptable, or even mandatory, method. Depending upon requirement, InspecTech can supply systems with 2, 4, 6 or more transducers to test various material thickness ranges and also to test HAZ (heat affected zones) and monitor material gauge.
- Advanced transducer technology.
- Multi-probe test heads are easy to set-up and calibrate.
- Ideal for inspecting to API-5L, API-5CT and ISO standards.
- Robust mechanical construction.
- Complete Data Logging of all on-line Test Parameter data is easily stored, retrieved, hard-copied or downloaded.
- Instant recall of previously used setups.
With many years of experience in NDT systems, InspecTech exercises continuous improvement policies, to supply the welded tube industry with systems of the highest reliability and sophistication, coupled with ease of understanding and operation.
For weld-line testing of carbon steel tubing 50mm (2.0”) diameter and up (and more recently down to much smaller diameters), the method of choice is ultrasonic testing. Ultrasonic testing is very sensitive to defects throughout the weld section and, at the same time, the test is relatively insensitive to process variations.
- Distance odometer and defect marking system.
- Coupling liquid setting tank and delivery sustem.
- Audio/visual alarms