IBIS Scarf Monitoring System
The InspecTech® I.B.I.S. (InspecTech B-Scan Inspection System) is an ultrasonic device that is especially useful to the welded tube industry. The I.B.I.S. scans the weld zone, and monitors the quality of the flash removal process.
- Scrap Reduction. Catch flash removal problems before they become costly.
- Real Time Presentation of wall thickness data in engineering units over the weld.
- Audio and visual alarms for high and low limits of wall thickness.
- “Hands Free” unattended operation
- Complete Data Logging of all on-line Test Parameters easily stored, retrieved, hard-copied or downloaded.
- Instant recall of previously used setups.
- Weight Calculation and Cutting to Weight (Optional).
The I.B.I.S. is primarily a scrap reduction tool. It displays the weld profile in engineering units and in real time on a video display. Broken, worn or chipped flash cutting tools or mismatched weld edges are easily detected and alarmed. The I.B.I.S. will also monitor weld profile to make sure that the overall weld thickness is within tolerance.